Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: Weleda - Pomegranate Firming Serum - Renews and Tightens

As you might have noticed I am being absorbed into skincare! The reason why there is so much of skincare reviews on my blog at the moment is because I finished all my old skincare things couple of months ago. Therefore, I am buying all these new skincare products and I just need to share! You can read my previous skincare posts here. 

Today I wanted to tell you about my serum. I have tried couple of other serum but always only samples and there wasn't one that I really liked! I had been eyeing the Pomegranate Firming Serum from Weleda for some time now but I never found a sample from them so I didn't know how it was. I still decided to go for it and I can tell you now that I don't regret it! 


I want to start with the ingredients. I do look at the ingredients in all my beauty product and I am trying not to buy things that have ingredients I don't like. But with the Pomegranate Firming Serum I took a chance, the problem is that the second ingredient is Alcohol.

Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Juice, Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Seed Extract, Prunus Spinosa (Blackthorn) Wood Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.
* from natural essential oils

The serum still doesn't smell like alcohol and it hasn't dried out my skin. Quite the opposite, my skin looks and feels amazing!

On the Weleda homepage they say that:

As we get older, our skin seems to slow down. But what if we could help our skin continue to function at its best? We can, with this Pomegranate Firming Serum. Containing a blend of highly effective natural ingredients, Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum is the ideal companion to your skin’s natural aging process.
Containing organic golden millet, rich in vitamin E, and precious organic pomegranate juice, rich in antioxidants, this intensive treatment actively aids your skin’s own ability to regenerate. Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum helps reduce signs of aging while deeply moisturizing.
A skin essential, our Pomegranate Firming Serum is ideal for use before the Pomegranate Firming Day Cream and Pomegranate Firming Night Cream.
Dermatological tests shown that wrinkles are reduced by 29%* after 28 days and skin moisture levels increased by 39% after 30mn** when using Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum.
*Measurement of depth of wrinkles with PRIMOS, test with 20 subjects between 41 – 65 years of age, application of the product twice daily for 28 days.
**Measurement of skin moisture with a corneometer, test with 23 subjects between 41 – 70 years of age, 30 minutes after application
I have been using the serum for about 2 months (only in the evening) and I can really say that my skin has gotten better! I had some annoying wrinkles by my temples and they are pretty much gone now! I don't have any dry patches and my skin hasn't started to be extra oily. I use it after I use the Migros - I am - Natural Cosmetics - Cornflower Toner and before I use the Kneipp - Aloe Vera Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin  and I really can say my skin has benefited from this serum. 
I know that this serum is meant for people over forty, but I feel it is a great serum for me. It smells amazing and is absorbed quickly into the skin. It hasn't caused any breakouts, dryness or any other bad things. I will definitely keep on using the Pomegranate Firming Serum and I finally feel like I found a go to skincare product for me!
Bisous 

1 comment :

  1. I have it, and I don't apply it near my eyes because the flyer inside says no to. But, being that natural, is it too risky if I put it near the eye area anyways? I have some lines under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...